Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A little off balance




I feel happiest when I've created something during the day. Lately my creating has been strictly the academic kind--another paper, another discussion post, another test. This is okay, because I love what I'm studying, and I'm very focussed on the goal of a masters in early childhood education and its accompanying teaching license.


This is a tough season, though, to be at my computer instead of at my craft table. This year I've made no cookies, no handmade cards, no handsewn gifts, no crocheting, nor any other craft idea that is usually spread all over the house about now. I miss it.


And when I don't allow myself time to play, I find that I end up stealing time anyway, like writing a post for this blog and changing its banner. Or going out on the deck to visit our stalwart snowperson and offer him a hat.


And now, honestly, I must get back to work. Just 12 days left in this semester, and friend, they are packed.

1 comment:

  1. Your words ring true with me. Our school is going through accreditation and there has been little time for creative pursuits but I am definately going to allow myself time for that during our Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete