Sunday, October 11, 2009

All journeys begin with a single step


Not that I'm on my first step--as a matter of fact, I'm well along my way, but I still have a long way to go. I'm getting my masters in early childhood education, as well as my license to teach in the state of Virginia, at George Mason University. When I'm finished in December 2010, I will be licensed to teach preschool through 3rd grade.


I hope this blog will be a good tool for me, as a record of what I've learned and to show the progression of my thoughts on education theories and practical techniques.


I hope this blog will join the many edu-blogs I admire that add something useful to the online conversation about teaching and learning in early childhood classrooms.


I hope this blog will eventually be a community tool for my future classroom. I most often envision it to be a Kindergarten classroom, but I would love to teach all the grades for which I will be licensed.


I wish I were already there! But, at the same time, this education journey has its own pleasures. Thanks for coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment